3 Must-Have Fourth of July Desserts
Fudge is always delicious and this groovy recipe for a red, white, and blue tie-dyed version is perfect for your Independence Day celebration.
Start to finish: 15 minutes (plus cooling time)
Serves: 40-60 pieces
2 ½ cups sugar
½ cup butter
5 oz. evaporated milk
2 cups marshmallow creme
8 oz. white chocolate chips
red and blue food coloring
- Line an 8x5 baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the sugar, butter, and evaporated milk in a large pot over medium heat. Stir frequently, and when it comes to a boil, stir constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in white chocolate chips and marshmallow crème until the mixture is smooth.
- Into three different bowls, equally divide the fudge mixture. Set one bowl aside, then tint one of the others blue, and the third bowl red. To assemble, pour the red fudge into the prepared baking dish, then the white fudge, and finally the blue fudge. Use a knife or skewer to drag through the fudge, which will create the marble “tie dye” effect. Refrigerate and chill thoroughly before serving.
For a healthy and refreshing dessert, try these watermelon “cakes.”
Start to finish: 10 minutes
1 small watermelon
2 cups whipped topping
Rainbow sprinkles, for garnish
- Slice the watermelon into two-inch-thick round slices.
- Cut rounds out of the slices of watermelon with a three-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place a dollop of whipped topping onto each round and top with sprinkles. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
A classic dessert for this patriotic holiday, this cake is deceptively easy and creates a show-stopping effect.
Start to finish: 20 minutes, plus 1 hour cooling time
1 box yellow cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
1 container vanilla frosting
1/3 cup fresh blueberries
1 pint fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Following the directions on the box, make cake in a 13x9 inch pan. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a rack.
- Once the cake is cooled, coat evenly with frosting. Arrange strawberries in straight lines across the cake except for one corner. In that corner, arrange blueberries to form the “stars” of the flag. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
All these recipes are quick and easy, but in case you don’t feel like making your own dessert this year, Isle Casino® Hotel Bettendorf has you covered. With a selection of dining options, you’re sure to find something that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Whether you join us at the Isle® or have your own Fourth of July celebration, we wish you all a happy & memorable Independence Day!