Back to Blog
5 Tips for a Great New Year’s Eve
The countdown to the New Year starts well ahead of the last 10 seconds before midnight. Public and private celebrations are planned for months and invitations are sent out weeks in advance. There are endless options for folks who wish to ring in the New Year with festive party attire and a rousing rendition of "Auld Lang Syne." If you’re stuck for ideas, consider these five great ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve:
1. Attend an outdoor event. No matter where you live, there’s usually a street party with musical performances, dancing and other forms of entertainment. Local restaurants near the event may even heat outdoor patio areas for you to enjoy dinner and drinks while you watch the fun. The highlight of the evening is a grand fireworks display at midnight. In some places, a traditional event accompanies the fireworks such as a ball drop or confetti that is blasted over a large crowd.
2. Go out for dinner. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two or your favorite restaurant for a night out with friends, going out to eat is a nice low-key way to ring in the New Year. Most restaurants offer New Year’s specials on food and drinks, and some even offer a specialty menu. Don’t forget to book well in advance or you may find yourself waiting hours for a table.
3. Go to a club. If you’re in the mood to celebrate New Year’s Eve with loud music and hundreds of people, head out to the best club in town. New Year’s is one of the most popular nights for clubbing, so clubs go all out and bring in the best DJs, while offering drink specials all evening. Be sure to arrive early and bring cash for the cover charge. If the venue is selling tickets, purchase them in advance to avoid getting left out in the cold.
4. Host a party. An intimate get-together is the perfect way to celebrate New Year’s Eve with close family and friends. All the details are chosen by you, so decide early on the nature of your event and send out the invitations weeks in advance. Whether it be a formal soiree or casual gathering, be sure to talk to all your guests and personally wish them a Happy New Year.
5. Go to a casino. There’s no better way to start the New Year than with a pocket full of cash. Try your luck at the regular game tables and slot machines or participate in special New Year’s Eve events. Don’t forget to enjoy the live entertainment and fabulous dinners or buffets.
If you’re looking for a fantastic casino to ring in the New Year, look no further than Isle Casino Hotel® Bettendorf. An extensive selection of casino games, delicious dining choices and cozy accommodations is the perfect combination of amenities to make your New Year’s Eve unforgettable. Join us on December 31, 2015 for these special events and gaming promotions throughout the day:
When: Thursday, December 31 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Information: Earn 7x points and celebrate New Year's Eve! Register at the Fan Club before you play.
Disclaimer: Maximum of 25,000 points. Not valid on video poker. Inclusive of tier multiplier.
The Travoltas Show
When: Thursday, December 31 at 8:30 p.m.
Where: Quad-Cities Waterfront Convention Center™
Information: Rock out to the QC's favorite 70's party band, The Travoltas! Dance the night away while they perform '70s dance party hits.
Noon Year's Eve Lunch Buffet
When: Thursday, December 31 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Where: Calypso's® Buffet.
Information: Enjoy your lunch favorites, a champagne toast at noon, party favors, and live entertainment. Only $11.99* per person.
New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet
When: Thursday, December 31 from 4:30-9:00 p.m.
Where: Calypso's® Buffet.
Information: Enjoy a delicious New Year's Eve spread including saffron chicken with parsley and lemon, braised Dijon beef tips, pecan crusted pork loin with strawberry balsamic sauce, and more. Only $21.99* per person.
*Tax and gratuity not included.