Witches, ghosts and goblins, oh my! It’s that time of the year again where even adults can embrace their inner spooky side and stock up on their favorite sweets. Happy Halloween! Well not quite, but soon. And here at Isle Casino Hotel® Bettendorf, we can’t wait to celebrate it with you! We’ve got a pretty epic Halloween bash coming up that you don’t want to miss. But first, read on to discover ten last minute Halloween costume ideas to help you prepare for our event.
Last Minute Costumes
Dressing up is the best part of Halloween. But lack of time or a budget can sometimes prevent us from putting together the epic ensemble of our dreams. Don’t worry we’ve got you covered. Here are ten great Halloween costumes to try in a pinch.
• Runaway Bride: The idea is simple yet chic. Put on your favorite white dress. Accompany it with sneakers and a sweatband and you’re good to go. If you really want to go all out, you could create a marathon bib with paper and marker. Then affix your number to your chest.
• Max, from "Where the Wild Things Are": Bring this beloved character to life with this very easy costume. Comfort is the name of the game here. To embody young Max, all you have to do is wear a snuggly pair of gray sweatpants and hoodie. Cut out a crown with yellow construction paper, and voila, you’re done!
• Movie Theater Floor: All you’ll need for this idea is used candy cartons, which you should already have as a true Halloween fan. Dress in all black. Then attach popcorn and various empty candy wrappers, and cartons, to your outfit to complete this theatrical look.
• Tourist: This look is super fun. Embrace your inner fantasy of vacationing on a tropical island. Find your best brightly colored floral shirt. Grab some sunglasses, a fanny pack and camera, and you’ll have the tourist look down pat. Add a lei, if you’re feeling creative.
• Road: They say that life is a highway, so you might as well get on the road! Find a long sleeve black shirt. Attach white tape in a dotted line down your shirt. Boom, you’re a road. To make it especially authentic, attach a stuffed animal to your shirt, to represent road kill.
• Mail Order Bride: Here’s another bridal look for you. Get out your favorite white dress. Affix some postage stamps all over it. You’re officially first class. See, wedding planning doesn’t have to be hard.
• Egg: Wear all white. Cut an oval shape out of yellow construction paper and attach it to the middle of your white shirt. If you’re feeling extra naughty, add devil horns and a pitchfork. You’re now a deviled egg.
• Smarty Pants: If you happen to have a Smarties candy wrapper lying around, then this look is for you. All you have to do is pin or tape Smarties wrappers and boxes around your pants. So sweet!
• A T-Bird: You don’t need much to rock this iconic look. Grab a white shirt, a leather jacket, jeans, and you’re all set. Just don’t forget to add your bad attitude. Grease is the word!
• Freudian Slip: This look is cute and clever. Ladies all you’ll need is a slip. Fellas, you may need to borrow one. Cut out pieces of paper and write some well-known Freudian terms like “id,” “ego” and “Oedipus complex.” Attach them to your slip. You’ll psych everyone out.
Our Halloween Bash
No one loves a great adult Halloween party more than we do. In honor of one of the best holidays around, we’ll be conducting our annual Halloween Bash on October 29. Come chow on a delicious dinner featuring root vegetable pasta salad, chicken, sliced roast beef and gravy, pumpkin cheesecake and more. Yum! There will also be live music to accompany your delicious feast. Guest will enjoy the awesome sounds of The Brat Pack. We highly encourage our guests to show up in costume. In fact, our employees will be dressed up too! Here are some other cool benefits of attending our event.
• Whichever adult shows up in their costume will get a $5 free slot play or a free drink.
• Enter the costume contest for a chance to win money towards your Fan Play®. The first place winner receives $250 Fan Play. The second place winner receives $150 Fan Play. The third place winner receives $100 Fan Play.
• Enjoy a complimentary overnight stay while you’re here. Reservations are required for both. Please call 1-800-THE-ISLE (843-4753) by October 27.
Make sure you mark your calendars for this 21+ fun event. We’d hate to see you miss out. It’ll be spook-tacular! Sorry, we just couldn’t resist.