Get ready to “push it good” because Salt-N-Pepa is coming to the Isle®
! The trail-blazing female rap crew will be bringing their iconic sound to life on May 22, and the show is sure to be a blast for fans of all ages. Filled with memorable hits, dancing and non-stop entertainment, Salt-N-Pepa shows are known for their excitement and energy. The duo has created a legacy of party anthems, love songs and empowering messages. They are one of the few hip-hop artists in the game to achieve such a long-term career. Here are some of their highlights:
• 1985: While working at a Sears® in Queens, New York, Cheryl “Salt” James and Sandy “Pepa” Denton recorded “The Show Stopper” which became an underground hit. The single reached number 46 on national R&B music charts.
• 1987: The song “Push It” from the album Hot, Cool and Vicious was released and reached number 19 on the pop music charts. The single was one of the first rap records ever to be nominated for a Grammy.
• 1988: The album "A Salt with a Deadly Pepa" was released and became certified gold in America. This album was the first to feature DJ Spinderella.
• 1990: The album "Blacks’ Magic" was released, featuring the mega-hit “Let’s Talk About Sex.” The single was later re-recorded as a safe-sex song entitled “Let’s Talk About AIDS.”
• 1993: The album "Very Necessary" exploded onto the music scene with hits like “Shoop” and “Whatta Man,” featuring vocal group En Vogue. The album was the first by a female rap act to go multi-platinum.
• 1997: The album "Brand New" was released and became certified gold in America.
• 2007: The reality television program, "The Salt-N-Pepa Show," debuted on VH1®, chronicling the group’s return to the studio.
• 2014: The song “Push It” had a comeback as part of a hilarious Geico® insurance commercial.
• Awards: MTV® Video Music Award for Best Electronic Dance Music Video (1994), MTV Video Music Award for Best Choreography (1994), MTV Video Music Award for Best R&B Video (1994), Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group (1995), BET Hip Hop Awards I Am Hip-Hop Icon Award (2010).
Today, Salt-N-Pepa enjoys performing at sold-out concerts across the country. Whether you are a new fan or have been following the group for the past 20 years, now is your chance to see the legendary duo live at the Isle. The Salt-N-Pepa concert will take place on Friday, May 22, 2015 at the Quad-Cities Waterfront Convention Center in downtown Bettendorf. Tickets are $35.
The Quad-Cities Waterfront Convention Center is conveniently attached to the Isle by a skywalk. Come for the show and stay to play, eat and shop. We have a hotel room
waiting for you!