Back to Blog
Wynonna & the Big Noise Bringing Their Big Sound to Quad-Cities
You won’t want to miss the big event coming to the Quad-Cities Waterfront Convention Center when Wynonna & the Big Noise will bring their big sound for a night full of big hits and big fun. The Big Noise is the new band Wynonna Judd put together with her husband, Cactus Moser. In addition to showcasing their new songs, the band features many of Wynonna's hits from her solo career, as well as her time with her mother Naomi in the Judds. The Big Noise is creating a lot of buzz with the songs from their self-titled debut album, which bring a bluesy rock feeling alongside the pure country sound of Wynonna from her early days.
Moving away from what might be considered a commercially successful road, Wynonna decided not to worry about fitting into an expected format and instead concentrated on singing songs she loved. Her band rehearsed together in a small room and practice and practice until they knew they were tight. The result is a critically acclaimed journey full of depth and emotion.
Here are seven interesting facts about Wynonna Judd:
1. Wynonna & the Big Noise recorded their album using vintage instruments, including drums from the ‘30s and microphones from the ‘40s. For Wynonna, it was a new direction which brought her back to her beginnings, while allowing her to reflect on how she’s matured both musically and emotionally.
2. Wynonna’s husband, Cactus Moser, the drummer/producer of The Big Noise, was in a near-fatal motorcycle accident only two months after they married. His injuries required amputation of one of his legs. Wynonna said the accident brought them closer together, bonding them in a way nothing else could. Soon after his recovery they started recording The Big Noise album.
3. Wynonna’s real name is Christina. She got her nickname from Ray Benson, singer from the country band Asleep at the Wheel, who used the name of the town Winona, AZ in one of his songs. He started calling her by the nickname and it stuck. It’s now Wynonna’s legal name.
4. Wynonna has devoted much time and energy to charitable organizations. She is involved with several children’s charities as well as Aids/HIV, cancer, hunger, poverty, women’s issues and abuse of all types. She has received the USO’s Merit Award for her service to all the divisions of the United States Armed Forces.
5. In 2003, Wynonna was the Grand Marshall for the Indy 500. She was the first country star to receive this honor.
6. Wynonna not only guest starred as herself on several TV shows, but she was also the cartoon voice of rock star Molly Cule in "The Magic School Bus," and had some character acting roles as well.
7. Wynonna has called this new album her “tantrum record” because it has taken her journey of children, death, divorce, her life in the music business, and allowed it to all come up to the surface and let it go.
Wynonna & the Big Noise knew they were on the right track with their music when they started getting standing ovations for their new songs along with the hits. Come on down to Quad-Cities Convention Center to hear what the big buzz for the Big Noise is all about! We have a feeling you’ll be doing some foot tappin’ too!
- River to Rock featuring Wynonna & the Big Noise
Quad-Cities Waterfront Convention Center
Friday July 1, 2016, 7:30 p.m.
VIP Tickets $55
General Admission Tickets $40
Tickets purchased online will be mailed to the address you provide upon ticket purchase within 7 days prior to the show.
- Tickets purchased 7 days of the show date will be available for pickup at Will Call on the night of the show. Will Call opens at 6:30pm and is located at the Quad-Cities Waterfront Convention Center.
- Discounted tickets based on Fan Club® Membership are available for purchase at the casino. Tickets are: $25 for Platinum or Millionaire; $30 for Gold; $35 Fan Club and Select; $40 General Admission.
Join us as we get ready for the big reveal of our Big Little Move! We're opening our brand new casino very soon. Visit thebiglittlemove.com to learn about our exciting move!